Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Watch This 2nd Grader Demo Evernote

Teachers have been using Evernote to record students at work, but in this video, a 2nd grader explains how she is using Evernote to improve fluency and other skills. She also gives a quick overview of the use of Evernote for recording and storing purposes. Take a look, and tell us what you think. Do you know of classrooms where Evernote is being used in this way?



The teacher is Mrs. Gleason, who has other classroom videos on YouTube. Check Mrs. Nicole Gleason's Feed on YouTube to learn more about what is happening in her classroom.

I recently heard from Mrs. Gleason and she sent me to another video from her class on students developing fluency. Here it is.





5 comments:

  1. This is pretty amazing in many ways.....that the parents are okay with their daughter being on you tube and the teacher using technology to help her students with their fluency and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, this is absolutely incredible! I keep hearing about how fabulous Evernote is as personal organizational tool and as a means of managing student data. I had no idea that this application could provide a platform for studying and improving students' reading fluency. And, this precious second grader is so capable of navigating her way around an iPad and articulating the purpose of this app. Any chance we can have an Evernote tutorial? Is this an application that will be discussed in further detail in Computers in the Classroom? Eager to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Andrea, I would love a quick Evernote tutorial! It's so amazing how easily such young children can use an iPad- and for educational purposes too!! Just the other day, I had one of my second graders showing me all of the iMovies she made on her iPad. Needless to say, I was amazed at what she had created!! Reading with fluency is a struggle for many students, so if allowing them to use the iPad to enhance their skills can do the trick...I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting my video about using Evernote for Fluency. I have created a follow-up video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0-jBmwXvvw If you have further questions please visit my blog at mrsgleason.blogspot.com and I will be more than happy to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to promote technology in the classroom. I think that it was unique to have this second grader not only use Evernote for fluency, but also to have her create her very own demo that can be used in a variety of ways. What a great approach to utilizing Evernote and also letting the student take part in the teaching of the tool, it just makes them that much more excited to learn!

    ReplyDelete